At Lawrence County Memorial Hospital, keeping our patients safe is a top priority. We put into place many practices and programs to eliminate medication errors, prevent infections and reduce patient falls. We also continue to provide patient safety training and education for our doctors, nurses and other staff members. We work to not only meet, but exceed your expectations of quality care. That requires a genuine commitment to excellence, a pledge to continue to improve the way we deliver care, and a promise to always put patients first in all we do. Our commitments also mean taking the initiative to develop quality improvement processes, both to support our patients and uphold our leadership role in healthcare.
We continually improve care by:
- Advancing techniques and services in the areas of primary care, orthopedics, therapy, general surgery, radiology, laboratory and more
- Comparing our results with other hospitals' results to measure our performance
- Designing a system-wide culture of safety to reduce medical errors and ensure safe care
- Hiring the best medical professionals and fostering an environment of continuing education
- Listening to our patients' feedback and making changes to improve patient satisfaction
We also seek quality designations such as:
- Acute Stroke Ready Hospital as designated by the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Laboratory accredited by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program and CLIA Certified
The result of our efforts is consistent, high-quality patient care. The level of care that earned us the 2019 Medicare Beneficiary Quality Improvement Program Award from ICAHN.
Using Quality to Compare Hospital Services
When we talk about hospital and health care quality, we are talking about several things. Nationwide, hospital quality is assessed with specific clinical data, such as complication rates, recovery times, readmission rates, and more. Quality measures show how well a hospital achieves desired health outcomes for a particular procedure or health need.
At Lawrence County Memorial Hospital, quality means excellent, safe, efficient and compassionate care. We also assess quality in terms of our patients’ experiences – our responsiveness, how well we answer questions, our hospital’s atmosphere, how prepared our patients feel when they leave our hospital, and much more.
Hospital Compare is a consumer-oriented website that provides information on how well hospitals provide recommended care to their patients. This information can help consumers make informed decisions about where to go for health care. Hospital Compare allows consumers to select multiple hospitals and directly compare performance measure information related to heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgery and other conditions. These results are organized by:
- General information
- Survey of patients' experiences
- Timely and effective care
- Readmissions and deaths
- Use of medical imaging
- Payment & value of care
Access Lawrence County Memorial Hospital on the Hospital Compare
Patient Safety/Hospital Report Card
In accordance with the Hospital Report Card Act (210 ILCS 86) and Administrative Code Rule 77 IL Adm Code 255, anyone can inquire about nurse staffing information by calling 618-943-1000 to make an appointment with the Chief Nursing Officer.